Chef de Partie
Reports to: Head Chef, Sous Chef
Responsible for: Junior Chefs and Kitchen Porters
An excellent opportunity to join a small brigade of chefs producing quality fresh foods for our Restaurant, Bars, Room Service and Banqueting areas which cater for 2 – 250 guests.
• You will work on all sections as required and will be responsible for maintaining standard of product and service, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction.
• To help control departmental expenses including food costs and wages, in line with business levels.
• To implement & monitor all Health and Safety and hygiene practices and procedures
• To motivate, coach and train junior members of the team.
Desired Qualifications/ Skills/Experience:
• You will have a minimum of NVQ food preparation Level 2 qualification or equivalent and have previous experience at this level in a professional kitchen working with fresh ingredients.
• Good understanding of all applicable Health and Safety legislation and experience working with strict Health & Hygiene regimes.
• Full understanding of food costs and controls & experience of ordering.
• Self-motivated – and able to motivate others to achieve
• Be imaginative, have an eye for detail and a desire & ability to deliver quality fresh a la carte and buffet food with experience of large volume functions and weddings
• You must be a good team player, proactive and attentive to detail with a real desire to learn and develop your skills.
Hours of Work will a basic of 40 hours per week but additional hours may need to be worked according to business demands, a mix of straight and split shifts over 5 days out of 7 on rota
Live In accommodation may be available (chargeable)
Uniform and meals on duty provided
In line with the requirements of the Immigration, Asylum & Nationalities Act 2006, all applicants must be eligible to live and work full time in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
To apply for this position please complete the Job Application Form (PDF)
The Bull Hotel