Date published: March 4, 2019
Assistant Meeting & Events Services Manager
Our Meeting and Events team provide our guests with a personalised conference or special events service. We are seeking an Assistant Meeting and Events Services Manager with experience of running meetings and special events including weddings, as well as a passion for fresh, quality food; together with a desire to deliver excellent levels of service. We believe it is the people we employ that make the difference to the experience of our guests, and that is why we are looking for someone who is ready to go above and beyond in everything they do.
What will I be doing as Assistant Meeting and Events Services Manager?
- Organizing and delivering business meetings, special events and weddings for our guests.
- Assisting the M & E Manager to improve operating standards in the Meetings and Events department, ensuring consistently high standards of service and maximum guest satisfaction.
- Optimising time on the floor by carrying out one to one coaching & training to develop employee confidence in dealing with customers and selling hotel products and service
- Monitoring all revenue & control procedures and in liaison with the Department Manager and the Hotel Controller, take responsibility for security of beverage stock
- Monitoring and maintaining departments crockery, cutlery & glassware stocks
- Helping to keep tight control of wages in line with business levels through forecasting and correct payroll procedures.
- Supporting the M&E Services Manager with appraisals and performance reviews of Meeting & Events staff.
- Duty Management as required.
As Assistant Meeting and Events Services Manager you will have..
- A minimum of 3 years food and beverage service experience in all F & B departments, including Conference and Banqueting, in a quality hotel, including experience at Supervisory level
- Experience of supervising weddings and large scale events
- A good knowledge of wines and beverages, and ideally hold a Personal Licence
- Excellent spoken & written English and good administration skills
- Good presentation with an outgoing personality, excellent interpersonal skills and a professional manner
- Good H & S and Food Hygiene knowledge essential, ideally at level 3
- A pro-active and can-do attitude with excellent team working skills
- Flexibility to work on a rota basis across seven days, mornings and evenings as required
Why join the Sarova Hotel’s team as Meeting and Events Services Manager?
At Sarova Hotels, we love what we do, and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our passion for success. We want individuals who will bring their own style to every experience and put our guests at the heart of everything they do. We pride ourselves on our team, and we work hard to take their careers to new heights. As part of the Sarova Hotels team, you will enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Smart uniform and free meals on duty
- 28 days holiday including BH
- An additional paid day off for your birthday
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Complimentary Life assurance
- Various incentives and rewards based on performance
- Employee of the Month and Year Awards
- Sarova Rewards for going the extra mile & delivering exceptional guest service
- Annual staff party
- Regular employee appreciation events
- Family & Friends Accommodation rates at all hotels in the group
- Opportunities for training and development & recognising your potential
In line with Immigration controls applicants must be legally able to live and work full time in the EU
Live in may be available (chargeable) for this role- Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Back to Vacancies overview