Date published: March 25, 2019
Deputy General Manager
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Food & Beverage Manager who is seeking their next challenge. We believe it is the people we employ that make the difference to the experience of our guests, and that is why we are looking for someone who is ready to go above and beyond in everything they do.
What will I be doing as Deputy General Manager?
- Taking responsibility for the Food and Beverage Departments, supporting and developing the Head Chef, and Assistant F & B Managers to deliver consistently high standards of service in their departments in order to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Maximising the profitability of the F & B department, by achieving/improving on budgeted revenues and financial targets by assisting HOD’s to control departmental expenses including cost of sales & wages in line with business levels, generating and implementing sales ideas, and through training staff to up sell at every opportunity.
- Ensuring that standards are regularly reviewed, SOP Manuals are updated and that all staff receive a thorough induction and skills training to deliver a consistently high standard of service at all times.
- Maintaining a high visual presence for guests, demonstrating exceptional guest care, leading the teams by example, motivating, coaching and team building.
- Carrying out regular performance reviews with direct reports, setting and reviewing business & personal objectives and ensuring all team members have regular appraisals and development plans set
- Ensuring weekly revenue forecast are done for F & B, preparation for monthly business reviews, and assisting with preparation for annual budget and business plans.
- Ensuring good communication lines are maintained upwards and downwards and in and between, all departments of the hotel.
- Taking on the role of Health and Safety Officer and in liaison with the Company’s Health and Safety Consultant and General Manager, ensure that all issues regarding the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) are adhered to and that a safe environment is continually maintained for guests and staff.
- To be responsible for the training of Duty Managers and to do shifts as required (average one late/early shift per week, including weekends.)
- Assisting the General Manager to drive the business forward, deputising for and taking complete responsibility for the hotel in their absence.
As Deputy General Manager you will have..
- Proven operational management experience in all Food & Beverage departments including Weddings and Events in a quality hotel together with a working knowledge of all other operational areas of hotels.
- A good knowledge of wines & spirits and a passion for fresh, quality food.
- Good financial awareness with a full understanding of sales/yield, forecasting, revenue streams & controls and budgeting in order to maximise the profitability of the hotel
- Self-motivation with drive and determination and the ability to motivate others to achieve high standards.
- Experience in recruiting, coaching, training and team building in order to build and develop your teams.
- A good understanding of all applicable Health & Safety legislation and ideally hold Food Safety Level 3 Certificate and a Personal Licence.
- Good grooming and excellent interpersonal skills, a professional manner and good command of written & spoken English with good IT skills.
Why join the Sarova Hotel’s team as Deputy General Manager?
At Sarova Hotels, we love what we do, and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our passion for success. We want individuals who will bring their own style to every experience and put our guests at the heart of everything they do. We pride ourselves on our team, and we work hard to take their careers to new heights. As part of the Sarova Hotels team, you will enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- 28 days holiday including BH’s, rising after 2 years
- An additional paid day off for your birthday
- 5 % Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Health Care cover (after 6 month)
- Complimentary Life Assurance
- Annual staff party
- Regular employee appreciation events
- Family & Friends Accommodation rates at all hotels in the group
- Opportunities for training and development & recognising your potential
In line with Immigration controls applicants must be legally able to live and work full time in the EU
- Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Back to Vacancies overview