Date published: March 27, 2019
Our Maintenance Team is the heart of our hotel as they assist all other departments with the smooth running of the hotel. As a Maintenance Assistant you will join the team in providing both reactive and proactive maintenance for all areas of the hotel including rooms and public areas. This position would suit a candidate that has a trade (builder, plumber, electrician) looking to diversify. We believe it is the people we employ that make the difference to the experience of our guests, and that is why we are looking for someone who is ready to go above and beyond in everything they do.
What will I be doing as a Maintenance Assistant ?
- Providing day to day repairs and upkeep of the interior and exterior areas of the hotel
- Working with the housekeeping team to ensure bedrooms are maintained to a 4 star standard
- Assisting with compliance of and health and safety checks for the hotel to ensure we are in line with all regulations
- Learning and building up your knowledge of all areas of the hotel as well as general maintenance skills and understanding .
- Working well with your team members to ensure a smooth and prompt response to any maintenance issues.
As a Maintenance Assistant you will have…
- A good working knowledge of general maintenance including basic knowledge of electrical, heating and plumbing systems.
- Flexibility to work as this position is full time 40 hrs per week on a rota basis working any 5 days out of 7.
- Knowledge of relevant Health & Safety at work regulations
- The ability to work in a team or independently on tasks
- The ability to think on your feet, respond quickly and problem solve effectively.
- Good command of written & spoken English
- Good grooming and social skills
Why join the Sarova Hotel’s team as a Maintenance Assistant?
At Sarova Hotels, we love what we do, and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our passion for success. We want individuals who will bring their own style to every experience and put our guests at the heart of everything they do. We pride ourselves on our team, and we work hard to take their careers to new heights. As part of the Sarova Hotels team, you will enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Smart uniform and free meals on duty
- 28 days holiday including Bank holidays
- An additional paid day off for your birthday
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Complimentary Life assurance
- Various incentives and rewards based on performance
- Employee of the Month and Year Awards
- Sarova Rewards for going the extra mile & delivering exceptional guest service
- Annual staff party
- Regular employee appreciation events
- Family & Friends Accommodation rates at all hotels in the group
- Opportunities for training and development & recognising your potential
In line with the requirements of the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.- Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Back to Vacancies overview