Date published: January 2, 2019
Our Reception team is at the forefront of our business as they are often the first point of contact many of our guests have with The Bull Hotel. As Reception Manager you will ensure our guests receive consistently high standards of service and maximum guest satisfaction throughout their stay. We believe it is the people we employ that make the difference to the experience of our guests, and that is why we are looking for someone who is ready to go above and beyond in everything they do.
What will I be doing as a Reception Manager :
- Improving & maintaining the operating standards throughout front of house
- Ensuring the team deliver consistently high standards of service and maximum guest satisfaction.
- Ensuring that standards are regularly reviewed and that SOP Manuals are in place, updated as required and that all staff are trained accordingly and full training records are maintained.
- Maximising the profitability of the department, achieving budgeted Revenues through training staff to up sell at every opportunity and controlling departmental expenses including wages, in line with business levels.
- Ensuring all new staff have a thorough induction and all staff receive the necessary skills training to deliver a consistently high standard of guest care.
- Carrying out appraisal and performance reviews with the team including the setting and review of business & personal objectives; in order to develop, motivate, coach and build the best team.
- Ensuring good communication lines are maintained up and down, in and between all departments but especially Front of House, Revenue and Sales, Housekeeping and Maintenance.
- Duty Management as required.
As a Reception Manager you will have :
- 3-4 year’s hotel Reception experience in 4/5 star environment, with knowledge of corporate and leisure markets.
- Operational experience in Reception, Reservations and Night Audit
- Good working knowledge of a Property Management system (ideally Opera)
- Good financial awareness with a solid understanding of room sales/yield, revenue streams and controls
- Standards driven with the ability to implement policies and procedures and to police them.
- Proven man-management, coaching and team building skills
- Interviewing/Appraisal skills
- Self-motivation and able to motivate others to achieve tasks
- Excellent presentation with an outgoing personality, excellent interpersonal skills and professional manner and an excellent command of written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
Why join the Sarova Hotel’s team as a Reception Manager?
At Sarova Hotels, we love what we do, and we’re looking to grow our team with people who share our passion for success. We want individuals who will bring their own style to every experience and put our guests at the heart of everything they do. We pride ourselves on our team, and we work hard to take their careers to new heights. As part of the Sarova Hotels team, you will enjoy a range of benefits, including:
• 28 days holiday including bank holidays, increasing after 2 years
• An additional paid day off for your birthday
• 4% Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Health care, after 6 months
• Complimentary Life assurance
• Employee Assistance Programme EAP
• Smart Uniform or free dry cleaning of own work suits
• Various incentives and rewards based on performance
• Annual staff party
• Regular employee appreciation events
• Family & Friends Accommodation rates at all hotels in the group
• Opportunities for training and development & recognising your potential
In line with Immigration legislation all applicants must be legally able to live and work full time in the EU- Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Back to Vacancies overview